US ESTA - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation To Travel To The United States
A US ESTA is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in your passport.
- With A Briggs, you can apply anytime and you will receive an email or post confirmation from A Briggs notifying you once your ESTA has been issued.
You must apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours before travel.
- Once an US ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires, (whichever is sooner) and will allow multiple entries into the US.
Important Passport Requirements For ESTA Applicants
- To qualify for the ESTA you must have a machine readable passport
- If your passport was issued on or after 26th October 2005 it must: have a digitally applied photograph.
- If your passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006 it must: be a biometric passport. Your passport will need to have an integrated chip capable of storing the biographic information from the data page. UK passports issued in the UK meet this criterion; for UK passports issued in other countries please check with that location. Other nationalities should check with their passport office.
- A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa. A passport which states holder has Right of Abode or indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom does not qualify for visa free travel.
- Citizens of the following countries: Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Republic of Korea & Slovakia may travel free under the ESTA Program if they meet ALL of the following requirements: Obtained travel authorisation under ESTA prior to boarding the air or sea carrier and have a valid e-passport with an electronic chip.