A Briggs’s goal of personalized customer service is only possible with the support of an excellent team. The A Briggs standard for accurate, efficient, and dedicated service is personified by each member of the A Briggs team. As a service driven organization, A Briggs is committed to hiring people with a true customer focus and a standard of excellence that aligns with our corporate mission.
At A Briggs, we care about our team. Our team members enjoy a range of benefits including group insurance, paid holidays, worker’s compensation, and discounted rates for travel visa applications. At A Briggs, we are dedicated to our team so that our team can be dedicated to our customers.
Position Title: Web Developer
Position Location: McLean, VA
Summary of Duties: Looking for a senior Java developer/architect experienced in Java/JSP/JDBC
Work with a team of 3 or 4 developers to enhance and maintain CIBT’s back end order fulfillment system. CIBT has a world class order fulfillment system that is used in fourteen countries. You and your team will participate in full software lifecycle development including requirement analysis, design, implementation, quality assurance and production support. You will work with a technical lead to enhance the system. Job involves developing solutions to problems using a structured approach keeping in mind long term maintainability and performance requirements. It involves understanding the legacy systems, creating detail design documents, implementation, security considerations, code reviews, performance optimization and production support.
Job duties also include database modeling and use of object-oriented programming principles; requirements analysis, performance improvement strategies Support and maintain existing production systems in Java.
Qualifications: Requires a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum two years of experience.
· Analyze requirements and come up with a solution that can be implemented.
· Design, develop, code, test, build, deploy, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software using Core Java technologies.
· Model or update database tables, write stored procedures and ensure optimized performance of database queries.
· Develop user interfaces, and implement web services using SOAP.
· Perform application performance tuning and optimization.
Required skills include:
- Commercial experience in Java, JSP and JDBC.
- Proficiency with Core Java programming, JSP/Servlets, multi-threading and object oriented design.
- Experience with SQL, Stored Procedures and Rational Database (MySql Preferred)
Applicants should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.